Who we are
The appliedAI Initiative is Germany's largest initiative fostering the application of AI technology in the German industry landscape. We aim to lift Germany to the AI age by accelerating the adoption of AI technology. We do this through education (with e.g.: NVIDIA, Google, Startups, and DAX-Companies), implementation of machine-learning software and infrastructure solutions with companies (e.g. in the domain of AI-based automation, computer vision, reinforcement learning) and by providing a neutral ground for knowledge exchange between key players in the AI space (see our partners).
Working Student: Junior Developer (m/f/x)
We are looking for exceptional working students who enjoy conceptualizing and building rich web based applications and content pieces that provide holistic and deep insights into strategic as well as technological topics around AI You are experience d with database technologies for web applications and have a good feeling for design and user friendly visualization You enjoy gathering requirements and implementing solutions full stack as well as communicating the results of your work You are interested in new technologies and how to build tools to support companies in adopting and steering their AI activities
What we offer
What you get
- Highly qualified interdisciplinary team on a journey to change the European AI Landscape that is
- Atmosphere that encourages to think and experiment in new ways with software and hardware
- Hottest topics of the next decade and freedom and trust to initiate own activities
- Highly visible initiative that helps you build a large network
- Work on highly visible projects, such as strategic initiatives and tech-projects for DAX companies
- Opportunity to work on a variety of projects.
What you need
- Student of computer science or similar
- Attention to detail and a passion for the design of beautiful and usable interfaces.
- Experience in the design of user interfaces and a good feeling for visually attractive layouts.
- Available to work at least 2 full days per week
- In the best case also the ability to build own graphical elements with tools like Photoshop or similar
What you’ll do
As a "Working Student: Junior Developer (m/f/x)" you will support the appliedAI team by:
- Collect requirements for interactive web based visualizations and software tools
- Develop own ideas with regard to content presentation
- Develop frontend website architecture and backend APIs
- Setup and maintain the necessary backend databases and logic
- Strive for an effective and pleasant UX for the solutions to be built
Join our team
Are you the right one for the job?
85748 Garching / München
Phone: +49 (0)89-189 469 – 2178
Your contact person
Dr. Hendrik Brakemeier
Head of AI Journey