Who we are
The appliedAI Initiative is Germany's largest initiative fostering the application of AI technology in the German industry landscape. We aim to lift Germany to the AI age by accelerating the adoption of AI technology. We do this through education (with e.g.: NVIDIA, Google, Startups, and DAX Companies), implementation of machine-learning software and infrastructure solutions with companies (e.g. in the domain of AI-based automation, computer vision, reinforcement learning) and by providing a neutral ground for knowledge exchange between key players in the AI space (see our partners).
(Senior) Technical AI Project Manager (m/f/x)
We are looking for a (Senior) Technical AI Project Manager that takes over responsibility for advising and managing AI development teams. You will work long-term (~1 year) with a group of engineering teams in different companies on building strategically relevant AI systems from exploration to deployment. You will act as the first point of contact for project teams regarding project management as well as technical expertise in close alignment with the joint expertise of the overall appliedAI team.
In your role you will be surveying relevant fields in statistics and machine learning, review standard practice, off-the-shelf solutions and recent advances in the field and look for matches to our customer’s problems and products. You will bring this expertise into development teams in a mentoring role and collaborate with engineering teams in algorithm / model design. Furthermore, you will make sure reusable artifacts are collected in a central repository and thereby made available to our engineering teams for future projects.
Candidates should have experience in building and maintaining ML-based software, above average communication skills (enabling others will be a key aspect of your job!) and a willingness to learn new skills.
What we offer
What you get
A highly qualified and motivated team of ~40 people is on a journey to change the rapidly changing European AI Landscape. ~25 of us have a strong scientific, engineering or CS background.
- Opportunity to gain experience from working on a variety of projects
- Want to learn about the latest trends in AI algorithms, robotics, autonomous systems or smart factories? All of this is happening at appliedAI
- You will have access to the newest technology in the AI domain. We operate clusters with ML-optimized systems such as NVIDIA-DGX or IBM Power9 servers, we work with beta software of our partners and test other novel hardware systems like FPGA accelerators or Franka Emika robots. You can also use this for your personal projects
- An atmosphere that encourages to think and experiment in new ways with software and hardware - guaranteed impact with new ideas
- A highly visible initiative that helps you build a large and high level network of start-ups, partners, and tech companies
- Internal seminar in machine learning and computer science
- Pick your own hardware
- Free food, coffee, snacks, etc.
- A highly visible initiative that helps you build a large and high-level network of start-ups, partners, and tech companies
- Budget to visit important conferences, read up on papers and develop your skills with the team - potentially showcasing results at e.g. GTC
- Internal seminar
- Pick your own hardware
- Free food, coffee and snacks etc.
- Access to the whole UnternehmerTUM ecosystem with hackathons, startups and innovation all around
What you need
- M.Sc. / Ph.D. in STEM with strong experience in (AI) software development
- Thorough understanding of essential statistics and machine learning concepts.
- Good general knowledge of different fields in ML / data science / statistics. From Bayesian graphical models to model interpretability or meta-learning for neural networks, you tell us about it.
- Exceptional communication skills and willingness to share knowledge and enable others
- A team player attitude and a willingness to learn new things
- Fluent German
IT WOULD BE ADVANTAGEOUS TO HAVE:
- An understanding of how complex large-scale professional software projects are run
- Experience with ETL pipelines, data cleaning, SQL / NoSQL databases
- Experience with cyber-physical systems (e.g. ROS, Jetson, Microcontrollers)
Join our team
Are you the right one for the job?
The appliedAI Initiative is Germany's largest initiative fostering the application of AI technology in the German industry landscape. We aim to lift Germany to the AI age by accelerating the adoption of AI technology. We do this through education (with e.g.: NVIDIA, the Leibniz Rechenzentrum and TU Munich), implementation of machine-learning software and infrastructure solutions with companies (e.g., autonomous ships, autonomous drones) and by providing a neutral ground for knowledge exchange between key players in the AI space (e.g.: Google, Infineon, Siemens, Allianz, Porsche Consulting).
85748 Garching / München
Phone: +49 (0)89-189 469 – 2178
Your contact person
Director of Technology & Ops