Who we are
The appliedAI Initiative is Germany's largest initiative fostering the application of AI technology in the German industry landscape. We aim to lift Germany to the AI age by accelerating the adoption of AI technology. We do this through education (with e.g.: NVIDIA, Google, Startups, and DAX-Companies), implementation of machine-learning software and infrastructure solutions with companies (e.g. in the domain of AI-based automation, computer vision, reinforcement learning) and by providing a neutral ground for knowledge exchange between key players in the AI space (see our partners).
(Senior) Network & DevOps Infrastructure Engineer (m/f/x)
We operate a state-of-the-art cluster based on technology from our partners and write a new and challenging software-stack to support the development process of the emerging role of an AI Engineer. We are looking for an infrastructure engineer with additional solid knowledge of networking to help our team. You and the team will be responsible both for hardware at our datacenter and software supporting our machine learning infrastructure. You understand and can manage routers and firewalls with security in mind. You will help co-design and build heterogeneous, multi-tenant clusters for machine learning tasks, running on Kubernetes and handling GPU-heavy workloads. Working as part of the engineering team you will re-design DevOps for data science and machine learning, making our mission of "lifting Germany to the AI age" possible.
What we offer
What you get
- Highly qualified interdisciplinary team on a journey to change the European AI Landscape that is
- Atmosphere that encourages to think and experiment in new ways with software and hardware
- Hottest topics of the next decade and freedom and trust to initiate own activities
- Highly visible initiative that helps you build a large network
- Work on highly visible projects, such as strategic initiatives and tech-projects for DAX companies
- Opportunity to work on a variety of projects.
What you need
- University degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches.
- Experience with L2-L4 Networks (L2 switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing that includes OSPF and BGP, and L4 Load balancing).
- Network authentication (Radius, LDAP, SAML).
- Experience in some of the following: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Vagrant, ESXi
- Experience in some of the following: Mesosphere DC/OS, Spark, Kubernetes, Docker.
- Experience maintaining internet facing applications and virtualized / containerized environments.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- A will to never stop learning.
- Ability to work autonomously and in an international team context.
- Fluent English.
What you’ll do
As a "(Senior) Network & DevOps Infrastructure Engineer (m/f/x)" you will support the appliedAI team by:
- Bring in solid understanding of, and experience with infrastructure as code, kubernetes clusters and application deployment automation and testing.
- Have the ability to deploy, maintain and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices.
- Be self-starters, able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
Join our team
Are you the right one for the job?
The appliedAI Initiative is Germany's largest initiative fostering the application of AI technology in the German industry landscape. We aim to lift Germany to the AI age by accelerating the adoption of AI technology. We do this through education (with e.g.: NVIDIA, the Leibniz Rechenzentrum and TU Munich), implementation of machine-learning software and infrastructure solutions with companies (e.g., autonomous ships, autonomous drones) and by providing a neutral ground for knowledge exchange between key players in the AI space (e.g.: Google, Infineon, Siemens, Allianz, Porsche Consulting).
85748 Garching / München
Phone: +49 (0)89-189 469 – 2178
Your contact person
Director of Technology & Ops